The dress I am going to show you has a story. In fact, several months ago I’ve had an accident that placed me into a hospital to have surgery for a broken hand. While I was resting afterwards, I got an e-mail alert saying that the dress of my dreams was again available at Farfetch. In my size, too. But I was in my hospital bed, without any credit card around, alone at the moment: what could I do? I texted one of my dearest friends, the man I call my brother, and I said: it’s there, what can I do? So he tracked the store, called them and got the dress aside for me, allowing me to pay through a wire transfer. There’s no stopping a shopaholic! The happy ending was behind the corner: a couple of days afterwards I was home, and so was the magic dress straight from the Dolce & Gabbana runway, unavailable in every store across Europe.

Iconic1

With some tweaking done by the wonderful seamstresses at the Milan flagship, it was soon perfect and ready to be worn, just in time for a December party in the occasion of the brand’s luxury watches launch.

Insta1

Mosaico

While my hand took a long time to get better, there was nothing better to cancel the bad memories than this dress and its accessories.  It was a stunning runway piece, very difficult to wear because of its length (too cold without a proper coat in the winter, too hot in the spring/summer) but I just had to have it. It will be one of those absolutely iconic, historic pieces that never go out of style. I got to accessorize it with some gorgeous velvet shoes, earrings and a headband that my friends nicknamed “the Crown”.

9 11

23 Comments on A truly iconic dress

1. Bibi2cuori
    May 1, 2014 at 3:10 pm (5 years ago)

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

2. Cecilia Teh
    May 1, 2014 at 3:57 pm (5 years ago)

Beautiful dress!
    Except you are too matchy-matchy though. IMO, a pair of plain pumps would have directed the focus on the dress more?

May 1, 2014 at 4:04 pm (5 years ago)

This was a wanted look, the dress works with basic pumps just as well. Still, I wanted the full experience for the photoshoot 🙂

• Cecilia Teh
        May 1, 2014 at 4:13 pm (5 years ago)

I am impressed by your loyalty to the brand and also you got the full suite treatment! Lucky you!

And also for patiently replying to all comments. You are going to be so busy in future. Have fun!

May 1, 2014 at 4:18 pm (5 years ago)

Well, I think that when you find something that describes you so thoroughly, fits perfectly and agrees with your own image of how a woman should be – just stick to it!
          I admit I am in love with the brand, and it is a happy love too – their love towards me is shown every single day, including the in-store shooting.

For the comments, I am more than glad to say hello and welcome to those who wanted to check out my new adventure! 😀

3. Ari
    May 1, 2014 at 4:05 pm (5 years ago)

Hi darling

• Ari
      May 1, 2014 at 4:08 pm (5 years ago)

Hi darling

May 1, 2014 at 4:10 pm (5 years ago)

Hello there! 🙂

• Ari
          May 1, 2014 at 4:12 pm (5 years ago)

Sorry, i posted a full comment about two times but it is nit visible… I will try a third time…

• Ari
            May 1, 2014 at 4:14 pm (5 years ago)

This dress is so WOW

4. Cubanita_31
    May 1, 2014 at 4:13 pm (5 years ago)

I love this look, the dress it’s amazing and the shoes are the perfect match to me, the headband it’s simply divine. What else can I say? you mastered perfection!

May 1, 2014 at 4:27 pm (5 years ago)

I’d say Dolce & Gabbana mastered it, I just had fun wearing all of it 😉 but thank you!!

5. Fif
    May 1, 2014 at 5:30 pm (5 years ago)

You are absolutely stunning and gorgeous woman. This blogs yells different in a very good way. I would like to ask how come your written English is perfect and native? I admire your multi linguistic abilities.

May 1, 2014 at 5:33 pm (5 years ago)

Thank you from the bottom of my heart – different is what I want it to be!
      I have been speaking English as my second language with my Mom since I was 4. She believed and still does that foreign languages are an absolute must in today’s world, and I could not agree more. 🙂

6. www.facebook.com
    March 14, 2018 at 5:38 am (9 months ago)

Content material is the elemental foreign money for marketing automation.

7. videntes verdaderas
    May 16, 2018 at 10:40 pm (7 months ago)

I’m gone to say to my little brother, that he shoul also pay a quick visit his web site on regular basis to take updated from latest
    news update.

8. background searches
    July 27, 2018 at 3:49 pm (5 months ago)

Yourr mode of describing the whole thing in this article is
    really nice, every one be capable of without difficulty be aware of
    it, Thanks a lot.

9. crazy games
    September 22, 2018 at 10:51 am (3 months ago)

Thanks for taking the time, and writing what you did.

10. Finley
    October 6, 2018 at 8:49 am (2 months ago)

It’s awesome to pay a quick visit this webb sife andd redading the views oof all mates
    onn the topic of this article, while I am alsso eager off getting know-how.

11. https://pagedesignshop.com/
    October 17, 2018 at 5:12 am (2 months ago)

Autoblogging software will definitely scouur the net and locate the most up-to-date themes people are
    blogging anout and post it for your website siote too.
    A small number of there’s a chance you’re confused when this occurs aboout how
    myy outwards bound links became inward bound links with no other action. Monitor your site comments – Your blog must be an interactive feature on the website so it is good to allow website visitors to comment on your
    posts.

12. updated news in hindi
    October 20, 2018 at 6:00 am (2 months ago)

If we possess some important news or emergency situation, we wikll definitely
    hear about it on TV. There arre lots of advantages you could enjoy with online news, however,
    the methods menjtioned allow me to share the most common ones.
    So, the best place caters on the needs of party animals as well
    as the needs of seekers or solitude.

13. vidente por visa economica
    November 3, 2018 at 7:57 am (1 month ago)

This is a very good tip especially to those fresh to the blogosphere.
    Simple but very precise information… Appreciate your shariing this one.

A must reead article!