The dress I am going to show you has a story. In fact, several months ago I’ve had an accident that placed me into a hospital to have surgery for a broken hand. While I was resting afterwards, I got an e-mail alert saying that the dress of my dreams was again available at Farfetch. In my size, too. But I was in my hospital bed, without any credit card around, alone at the moment: what could I do? I texted one of my dearest friends, the man I call my brother, and I said: it’s there, what can I do? So he tracked the store, called them and got the dress aside for me, allowing me to pay through a wire transfer. There’s no stopping a shopaholic! The happy ending was behind the corner: a couple of days afterwards I was home, and so was the magic dress straight from the Dolce & Gabbana runway, unavailable in every store across Europe.

Iconic1

With some tweaking done by the wonderful seamstresses at the Milan flagship, it was soon perfect and ready to be worn, just in time for a December party in the occasion of the brand’s luxury watches launch.

Insta1

Mosaico

While my hand took a long time to get better, there was nothing better to cancel the bad memories than this dress and its accessories.  It was a stunning runway piece, very difficult to wear because of its length (too cold without a proper coat in the winter, too hot in the spring/summer) but I just had to have it. It will be one of those absolutely iconic, historic pieces that never go out of style. I got to accessorize it with some gorgeous velvet shoes, earrings and a headband that my friends nicknamed “the Crown”.

9 11

15 Comments on A truly iconic dress

1. Bibi2cuori
    May 1, 2014 at 3:10 pm (3 years ago)

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

2. Cecilia Teh
    May 1, 2014 at 3:57 pm (3 years ago)

Beautiful dress!
    Except you are too matchy-matchy though. IMO, a pair of plain pumps would have directed the focus on the dress more?

May 1, 2014 at 4:04 pm (3 years ago)

This was a wanted look, the dress works with basic pumps just as well. Still, I wanted the full experience for the photoshoot 🙂

• Cecilia Teh
        May 1, 2014 at 4:13 pm (3 years ago)

I am impressed by your loyalty to the brand and also you got the full suite treatment! Lucky you!

And also for patiently replying to all comments. You are going to be so busy in future. Have fun!

May 1, 2014 at 4:18 pm (3 years ago)

Well, I think that when you find something that describes you so thoroughly, fits perfectly and agrees with your own image of how a woman should be – just stick to it!
          I admit I am in love with the brand, and it is a happy love too – their love towards me is shown every single day, including the in-store shooting.

For the comments, I am more than glad to say hello and welcome to those who wanted to check out my new adventure! 😀

3. Ari
    May 1, 2014 at 4:05 pm (3 years ago)

Hi darling

• Ari
      May 1, 2014 at 4:08 pm (3 years ago)

Hi darling

May 1, 2014 at 4:10 pm (3 years ago)

Hello there! 🙂

• Ari
          May 1, 2014 at 4:12 pm (3 years ago)

Sorry, i posted a full comment about two times but it is nit visible… I will try a third time…

• Ari
            May 1, 2014 at 4:14 pm (3 years ago)

This dress is so WOW

4. Cubanita_31
    May 1, 2014 at 4:13 pm (3 years ago)

I love this look, the dress it’s amazing and the shoes are the perfect match to me, the headband it’s simply divine. What else can I say? you mastered perfection!

May 1, 2014 at 4:27 pm (3 years ago)

I’d say Dolce & Gabbana mastered it, I just had fun wearing all of it 😉 but thank you!!

5. Fif
    May 1, 2014 at 5:30 pm (3 years ago)

You are absolutely stunning and gorgeous woman. This blogs yells different in a very good way. I would like to ask how come your written English is perfect and native? I admire your multi linguistic abilities.

May 1, 2014 at 5:33 pm (3 years ago)

Thank you from the bottom of my heart – different is what I want it to be!
      I have been speaking English as my second language with my Mom since I was 4. She believed and still does that foreign languages are an absolute must in today’s world, and I could not agree more. 🙂