Have you ever fallen in love at first sight?

Well, that is what you are looking at: fatal attraction between me and this red lace. Yet, as in every decent love story, there were obstacles. More than one.

The first time I laid eyes on this coat was on the Dolce & Gabbana runway. It was magnificent: oversized, the lace exquisite, the red just red enough, and no collar, which was something I was adamant about at the time.  So I asked my SA to get me some info and to see if one could be found for me.

At the beginning it was such a fortunate request: not only there was the coat, there was a matching dress too. The perfect red lace dress, with a black silk slip, just decent enough to be worn to work but at the same time it was unmistakably sensual, the kind of dress that turns heads. Perfect, therefore.

And that was where the love affair was interrupted: the coat was produced up to an Italian size 44. Which I did try on, but did not find satisfying: the coat needed to be slightly oversized, not to be tight. Because, you know, women usually have curves in the right places, and also pretend to breathe inside their clothes!
I was really not impressed, and quite vocal about it: quite Olivia Pope, “Fix it!!” style. My SA was at his wits’ end, and he went to the manager with the “issue”.
At this point it is only fair that I let you know that the “issue” of my size and curves comes up quite often in luxury stores. If I fit into a lower part of a dress, it is guaranteed I won’t in the upper, or vice versa. In a city mainly populated by models and extremely slim people, this appeared to be a sort of an impasse:  how do you solve a problem like Lady Violante’s dress size? 😀
How do they deal with it? It varies from store to store, and I will share my experience along the road.

But I digress: let me get back to my dream coat. My SA brought the problem to the manager, who promptly replied: “we shall let them make her one!”. Now we were talking! Finally I had discovered the sacred Graal of customer service: a brilliant SA and a smart manager combined, resulting into a happy customer. Who cares if I had to wait 2 months for it? One bright day, it arrived, and it was all I ever wanted and more. “Winter was coming”, and I was going to fight the gray with some amazing, deep red.

Do I have to add that there were also matching shoes? With crystals on them? We were definitely not in Kansas anymore.

Just to be clear, I rarely wear the whole combination. But it still feels amazing just to know the red love is complete.

So, have you ever had problems finding your size, or generally that type of issue with luxury brands? How did that make you feel and what do you do when you don’t fit in “standards”? I’m all ears.

16 Comments on The lady in red is dancing with me

1. Cubanita_31
    May 2, 2014 at 7:12 am (5 years ago)

I used to have problems finding clothes that fit me well.I remember shopping in London for my wedding outfit, I spent hours and hours until finally I found a pink suit that look perfect for the occasion. I had it altered. Being petite and skinny was a problem at the time. I’m glad that after years and having 3 kids my problem is solved. I’m no longer 45kg ! Finding the right clothes can be frustrating at times because our body shape it’s different, I’m so glad you have managed to find your coat and dress, the whole look it’s so beautiful!

May 2, 2014 at 10:02 am (5 years ago)

Yes, those are two faces of the same coin, I understand perfectly! That’s why I always say, the important thing is finding a direction / brand / style that suits you, and stick to it for dear life!
      Glad you like the ensemble, it brings beautiful memories and I love it dearly!

• Axel de Chateau Thierry
        May 2, 2014 at 10:39 am (5 years ago)

Lady Violante, you’re lovely! Thank you for taking so seriously your look with such lightness

May 2, 2014 at 2:01 pm (5 years ago)

Monsieur, thank you for such kind words, I am not use to hearing it! 😀

2. Cecilia teh
    May 2, 2014 at 4:50 pm (5 years ago)

Gorgeous dress!

My figure is pear shaped. And in asia where I am based, a lot of designers tend to design for stick woman. It can be challenging to find something that fits well without resorting to A-line dresses/skirts ALL the time.

3. luggage
    April 14, 2018 at 1:06 pm (8 months ago)

Absolutely written content, Really enjoyed reading through.

4. vidente buena
    May 15, 2018 at 6:03 pm (7 months ago)

These are truly enormous ideas in on the topic of blogging.

You have touched some pleasant points here. Any wway keep up wrinting.

5. Francesco
    May 17, 2018 at 6:55 am (7 months ago)

Consumo ɗe proteínas é elevado durante essa dieta.

6. https://www.zotero.org/phathaibangthuocdkqt
    June 8, 2018 at 7:19 pm (6 months ago)

Gгeat blog һere! Аlso your site so mucһ up fast!
    What host are yoս the usage of? Cɑn Ӏ gеt your affiliate hyperlink tօ youг host?
    I desire mу website loaded ᥙр ɑs qᥙickly as уourѕ lol

7. unverredetrop.overblog.com
    August 7, 2018 at 8:19 pm (4 months ago)

It’s amazing in favor of me to have a web site, which is good in favor of my experience.
    thanks admin

8. education blog examples
    October 16, 2018 at 9:05 am (2 months ago)

Upcoming New Releases: Going with exactly the same
    concept above, if you have a pal in radio or are simply really ahead fromm the curve
    musically, you could develop a site that lists and describes thee upcoming new album releases.
    If one is careful to never offend, create or she could generate 1000s of new readers.

Would your work olen a fresh perspective or wouldn’t it just invoke a ‘what’s new’ response.

9. tech news hardware
    October 19, 2018 at 11:21 am (2 months ago)

Microsoft has chosen to integrate the Zune software to the phone, which is mature and full-featured, peviously being inside the Microsoft
    Zune ffor years. May be with this particular price of advancement today it will be very tough to keep
    pace because of the generation coming ahead. Once
    aan individual has the capacity to discoover a web or blogsite wit this type, they’ll be able to keep up-to-date on the most up-to-date happenings inside
    the industry.

10. issuu.com
    October 20, 2018 at 3:32 pm (2 months ago)

Please let me know if you’re looking for a writer for your site.
    You have some really good articles and I believe
    I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some
    of the load off, I’d love to write some articles for your blog in exchange for a
    link back to mine. Please shoot me an email if interested. Thanks!

11. blog news.m
    October 22, 2018 at 3:44 pm (2 months ago)

Upcoming Neew Releases: Gong with a similar concept above, in case you have
    a pal in radio oor are just really ahead with the curve
    musically, you can build a site that lists and describes the upcoming new allbum releases.

The readers of this blog must be thinking about the typical field of know-how of the blog.
    Woulkd wokrk throw open a whole new perspective or wouldn’t it
    just invoke a ‘what’s new’ response.

12. raja domino
    December 3, 2018 at 8:41 am (2 weeks ago)

Youu can surely make a great amount of cash in case youu listen to it
    wisely with careful attention paid to each
    and every stepp or decision you make. The more yoiur praactice poker, the greater you are going to recognize that you must basically be paying good hands.
    Even in what is apparently destihed to become an electric world,
    decks of cards remain popular and face to face play as fun since it ever was.