Lately I’ve been listening to quirky, fun, carefree music. It’s summer, the sun is out, pretty dresses, friends, night life… Who could ask for more?

Hey, taxi! 😀

In less than a month, I am planning on escaping Milan on my motorbike. Yes, my friends, I ride a motorbike! And no, I am not talking about a scooter, but a full-blown, serious, mean looking Japanese babe: a Yamaha XJ6 in sky blue. It gets a lot of attention, I admit, to see a girl on such a raging machine: I stopped taking notice of men lowering their car windows just to say something to me at the traffic lights. Yes, I’m a girl, and I can deal with my own ride! It’s not feminism, it’s just my personality: I like to be independent and it is very rare that I should allow myself to depend on anyone for anything. And even then, I am always careful, because I don’t like being vulnerable.

Pilotto1
This look is particularly dear to me: it’s a fun collaboration between Peter Pilotto and Target and I’ve had to resort to eBay to get my hands on the dresses, because Net-à-porter sold them out in matter of seconds, not surprisingly because of the price a tenth of what Pilotto usually costs. Don’t you just love the colours, the petticoat skirt, the easiness of the dress?
I paired it with a pair of Valentino neon pumps and the Chanel jersey flap that I’ve shown you a couple of posts before – and showed the result on Instagram first. Being this the period of the World Football Championship – I was amused to discover the Brasilians loved my picture and reposted it frequently. So thank you for the love, my Brasilian friends!

Pilotto2

That’s another corner of Milan where I usually stroll on the weekends. On the right of the picture and behind my back, the Fashion District begins, and there is my favorite spot for lunching with friends – Dolce & Gabbana’s Martini Bar. Well, that one was obvious 😀

I must admit that, while I love summer and all the carefree fun it brings, it also means a bit of melancholy for me. As I said, I am a person that doesn’t let people in easily, but once I do my heart is yours, so I will miss my friends badly – I admit! 😀 There is something sad in going away despite the anticipation of new places to see and new people to meet: that is when I realise just how much Milan feels like home. I am also a creature of habit, so not being able to see people who put a smile on my face is not something I wait for impatiently; generally we all come back at the beginning of September, when I will be celebrating my birthday too – so I guess I will take any excuse for a party!

Brasil4

Do you want to know what makes me happy the most?

It’s not the dresses, the bags, or the shoes, although I am privileged and lucky to be surrounded each day by fashion beauty.

No, what makes me smile is the simplest thing of all: my phone lighting up with a text or a call from someone dear to me. Deep down despite all my bravado, I am emotional, and I never give people for granted: so that text or that call means that someone is thinking of me enough to want to hear my voice or have my news. Isn’t that all we need in life, love?
Some time ago I read something on Instagram that disarmed me with its simplicity. It said :

Why complicate life?

Miss somebody ? Call.

Wanna meet ? Invite.

Wanna be understood ? Explain.

Have questions ? Ask.

Dont like it? Say It.

Like it? State It.

Want something? Ask for It.

Nobody will know whats going in your mind. Its better to express rather than to expect.
Its just one life so keep it simple.

It’s that easy. And that is why I think technology, in this case, is truly beautiful. I will be far away doing my motorbike chick thing, and when I stop at a gas station, I will check my phone and feel instantly at home by seeing a familiar name on the screen. Heart-warming.

Brasil5

Yes, dear readers, I am sentimental today. It’s Monday and the sun is back, so is my smile. Sometimes it is good to be less tough and allow myself just to be myself, even if that means admitting I am human 😀

Brasil1

So, have you told someone today that you love them / miss them? 🙂

16 Comments on Je ne veux pas travailler, je ne veux pas déjeuner

1. Elenagiappodazzi
    June 30, 2014 at 12:10 pm (4 years ago)

Mirabile Donna dalle molte sfaccettature,
    e’ bello osservare dentro di me l’eco di questi pensieri scritti.
    CHAPEAU

July 1, 2014 at 8:23 pm (4 years ago)

Grazie delle splendide parole, mi fa molto piacere che altri si possano rispecchiare nei miei pensieri ❤️!!

2. @fashion_lawyer
    July 1, 2014 at 12:57 pm (4 years ago)

❤️❤️❤️ You write so well! It’s a true pleasure to read. Sometimes I think you are 15 years younger than your age because technology is such an integrated part of your DNA. Here’s a message from my dinasuare self to your hi-tech self: I think of you, reminisce good times and miss you many times every day. Sometimes the digital world is just too much of an enemy to pick up the phone and express it.

July 1, 2014 at 8:25 pm (4 years ago)

That’s what happens to me too, I get carried away by all the things I have to do, so while I think of you a zillion times during the day, running around means I write less than I would like. But the love is as strong as ever ❤️❤️❤️

3. Jenny
    February 4, 2018 at 5:15 am (9 months ago)

I’m no longer sure the place you are getting your information, however great topic.
    I must spend some time learning more or figuring out more.
    Thank you for wonderful info I was on the lookout for this info for my mission.

4. Sidney
    February 22, 2018 at 7:29 pm (8 months ago)

What’s Taking place i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found It absolutely helpful
    and it has helped me out loads. I hope to give a contribution & help different customers like its aided me.
    Great job.

5. videncia Verdadera
    May 17, 2018 at 9:51 am (5 months ago)

Wow, that’s what I was exploring for, what a stuff!
    existing here at this weblog, thanks admin of this site.

6. mabosbet
    June 1, 2018 at 5:37 am (5 months ago)

It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d most certainly donate to this excellent blog!

I guess for now i’ll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
    I look forward to brand new updates and will share this blog with my Facebook
    group. Chat soon!

7. Steemit videos
    June 5, 2018 at 3:35 am (5 months ago)

Wow! In the end I got a web site from where I be capable of in fact obtain useful information regarding my study and knowledge.

8. kobiety.okieminformacji.pl
    August 23, 2018 at 9:09 am (2 months ago)

The Copywriters Guild is an excellent tool to get but I think it’s most useful when and
    when you as an individual desire to head out in to the whole world of individual ad copy creation. There are a lot of main reasons why a person might need to do a cell phone number reverse search.

Visa for Postgraduate research pertains to Masters by research or a
    doctoral degree.

9. akuma beads
    September 8, 2018 at 4:49 am (1 month ago)

For newest information you have to go to see the web and on web I
    found this website as a best website for latest updates.

10. https://testerwiernosci.pl
    September 14, 2018 at 2:26 pm (1 month ago)

Whether it’s New Years Eve, the 4th of July or even Christmas, you enjoy a couple of
    advantages already. Many couples move through a difficult patch simply to
    rediscover their intense fascination with one another.
    Marriage can be hugely stressful when couples don’t know dealing with
    their problems.

11. jadwal persib terbaru
    September 19, 2018 at 3:11 pm (1 month ago)

Every weekend i used to pay a quick visit
    this site, as i wish for enjoyment, for the reason that this this web site conations really nice funny information too.

12. otv News live
    October 15, 2018 at 11:22 am (6 days ago)

The Nokia X3 Red Mobil carries a MP3, MP4,
    e-AAC+, WMA car stereo files are often playable on the cell.
    In breaking news from The Age, it’s reported the carbon tax will
    hit eeach Australian which has a hefty asking price of $40,000by
    2050 coming to a massive $1 trillion hhit to thhe Australian economy.

Skinny Jeans – This piece will always remain stylish since its flatters all body shapes and sizes.

13. myliveupdates.com
    October 16, 2018 at 2:21 pm (5 days ago)

Many reason that the development of technology to the selection process would complketely elkiminate any human error.

This nifty dewvice wiill be handy as the traverse back from tthe wilderness to the Caribbean resort.

Autgomatic can and jar oleners aare a practical addition to your own kitchen equipment.

14. Is bovada legal
    October 18, 2018 at 10:05 pm (3 days ago)

It’s genuinely very complicated in this busy life to listen neas
    on TV, so I only use the weeb forr that reason, and get the newest information.