A Saint-Tropez, la luna si desta con te
E balla il twist
Contando le stelle in ciel
Ma la stella ancor più bella
Non è in cielo, è qui vicino a me
A Saint-Tropez

To those of you who aren’t Italian – the lyrics above are a classic. End of 😀

Saint Tropez 1

We woke up to a cloudy Saturday morning that brought a threat of rain, but my trusty weather app on the iPhone said that St.Tropez was gonna be just fine… so technology won over hatred of water that motorbikers usually have, and off we went.
As you’ve already understood, this whim that brought me to Côte d’Azur was induced by my never-ending fascination with the ’50s and ’60s, the golden era of glamour, movies, playboys, parties and true stars that walked the same streets. I also have a penchant for kitsch songs such as the one mentioned above (Peppino di Capri is certainly a classic, but a very funny one: however my irony is my best trait in my opinion, so I apply it to every segment of life) which is available on Spotify (it’s correct name is Saint-Tropez twist), so feel free to put that on and follow my tracks!

Saint Tropez 2

This is how Saint Tropez presented itself, after a charming 2 hours of coastal crowded road that nevertheless presented endless beauty in it’s beautiful architecture and Mediterranean maquis. (Differently from Monte Carlo, there’s no wild building here. No crazy glass constructions or skyscrapers, just beige/rosé villas and endless greenery. Well done, St Tropez and surrounding towns!)
The port is crowded as hell, brimming with activities and tourists. The first thing that caught my eye – aside from the usual share of boats – was the local market inside the old city walls. You can’t be a seaside-grown girl and not notice this!!

Saint Tropez 3

I swear this made me want to rent a flat immediately and start cooking! There’s nothing better than cooking sea goodies for friends and family: those are the perfumes of my childhood and teenager years, and they still never fail to make me feel home wherever I am.

Saint Tropez 4

Add the inevitable charm of a boulangerie and narrow french Riviera streets…

Saint Tropez 5

Saint Tropez today is nothing like a ’50s obsessed person such as moi would imagine. Sure, it’s charming and there’s definitely life there, but it’s very modern and consumer oriented too. There are numerous art galleries that unluckily provide little true art and too much Chinese produced trash, the quantity of shops that sell actually locally manufactured stuff is close to none, and all of the world known and relevant brands are there.
Weirdly enough I almost never shop when I’m outside Milan. There can be nothing that other shops can offer me that hasn’t been offered home already, and I have my people who go the extra mile for me – so I prefer all of it to be done there. Occasionally I find souvenirs (I confess husband and I have the kitsch and funny habit of buying fridge magnets: the more ridiculous the better!) but I spent a total of 10 minutes inside Chanel and Dior in Saint Tropez, resulting in zero purchases. However they are worth the visit: the Chanel boutique must be the most beautiful anywhere in the world, with an inside garden and a pool with a giant iron camellia in it’s centre. (they would not let me take pics: I am so over that ban, you have no idea. Get over yourselves, shops.)

Saint Tropez 6

The visit had to be cut short, as we only had two hours to stroll – we had to go back to Cannes for a special lunch with extremely special friends. (check Instagram for more)
But the cloudy sky turned out to be a friend, as it allowed us to walk without burning (which I however managed to do, looking like a truck driver with signs of yesterday’s t-shirt and today’s dress… what can I say, i don’t like to tan!) and to enjoy the pines’ perfume and the small breeze.

Saint Tropez 7

Some of the things I like: greenery on houses. Oh, how I like it!

Saint Tropez 8

I would have expected more mementos of BB in Saint Tropez, but except for the occasional picture here and there, or a bar bearing her name – there wasn’t much. The area has definitely moved on!

Saint Tropez 9
By midday I was parched, and needed to drink something fresh to keep going. Then my eyes lit up when I saw this: Dior Des Lices, the most beautiful Dior store ever, with a summer garden and a bar. If you go to St Tropez, please don’t miss it and make sure you have breakfast there: the location alone is worth it, and Dior never disappoints!

Saint Tropez 10

If I could give an advice to anyone traveling to this part of the world, that would be: enjoy the journey in it’s fullness. I loved the coastal panoramic road, the wind in my hair, the smell of the sea air mixed with fish grill from numerous restaurants, the lovely music, and the kindness of the locals whenever needed for an advice or road indications. Now I see why the Riviera is that loved: its’ not because of the yachts, or the super-cars parked in front of the hotels, or not even the celebrities. It’s a truly friendly place to be, with an extraordinary nature and magnificent and charming history.

Saint Tropez 11

I was definitely left wanting for more when we had to leave back to Cannes. St Tropez is worth a more lengthy stay, and I am certain that someday we will do just that. For now… au revoir 🙂 (dancing the twist!)

16 Comments on Twist a Saint-Tropez

1. Adele
    August 10, 2015 at 1:13 pm (2 years ago)

Soooo in love with your sun dress, I’m assuming it’s D&G? I love the older parts of these towns that add so much more character & ambiance to a place!
    Hugs Adele (intotheblonde)xoxo

2. thebaghag
    December 29, 2015 at 9:06 am (2 years ago)

Have yet to visit St. Trop! Looks lovely°

3. ponceuses classement
    September 14, 2017 at 2:45 am (2 months ago)

What’s up, after reading this amazing post i am too cheerful
    to share my familiarity here with mates.

4. adultfriendrfinder customer service
    September 15, 2017 at 3:49 pm (2 months ago)

Every weekend i used to visit this web page, because i want enjoyment, since
    this this website conations truly pleasant funny material too.

5. Peluang Usaha Baru Yang Menjanjikan 2018
    September 22, 2017 at 4:31 pm (2 months ago)

Nowadays, intercultural communication difficultis are becoming aan origin of misunderstanding operational relations individuals multicuultural
    world society. Also ncluded around the business strategy plan would
    have been a SWOT analysis of my opportunity, (examining my strengths,
    weaknesses, opportunities and threats), a marketing plan not to mention deliberation over thhe overall costs of my
    opportunity. Coome prepared with specific questions or comments, orr ask ways youu can linked to something your
    new acquaintance haas been doing that interests you.

6. Georgianna
    September 25, 2017 at 6:56 pm (2 months ago)

Thiss pertains to any business whether or nott they are global, national orr community based.
    The result iss that the staffs always feel under appreciated and are constantly
    in search oof what you will get and run off
    with. Unfortunately profitable can often mean one cent over we spnd and the concise explaination success is relative.

7. gourmet e liquid
    September 29, 2017 at 12:07 pm (2 months ago)

This is my first time go to see at here and i am genuinely impressed to read everthing at single place.

8. grosir baju cimahi
    September 30, 2017 at 6:20 am (2 months ago)

In fact, white farwd better insid survey than all the
    colors combined. It has been there since way back when, altrhough skates used have discovered newer annd much better forms and versions in time.
    Depending on your ease and comfort, you need tto determine a
    day-to-day discrepancy rate: maybe it’s $5 or $10 or zero.

9. smoant knight
    October 1, 2017 at 8:52 pm (2 months ago)

you are actually a good webmaster. The site loading speed is incredible.
    It sort of feels that you are doing any distinctive trick. Furthermore, The contents are
    masterwork. you’ve done a great process in this subject!

10. {PUSATDISTROBANDUNG.COM|Pusat DIstroBANDUNG.com
    October 7, 2017 at 11:51 am (2 months ago)

There are lots of tactics you could implement in order to develop a buyers list.
    While some people do buy iin massive quantiries
    for businesses like this, you have to knoiw single families may also benefit.
    You wioll keep your customers comiung forever simply because they know you still have the nice stuff.

11. DISTROBANDUNGMURAH.com
    October 7, 2017 at 11:57 am (2 months ago)

If everything feels great, you can find the particular coloor and design you like.
    The Mojari are still employed by women and mmen of all ages, teenagers put it to use very frequently.
    These shoes also hasve a top stitch wioth either lighter or deeper colored thread
    which increases their aesthetic appeal.

12. Peluang Bisnis Baru Sampingan 2018
    October 8, 2017 at 4:02 pm (2 months ago)

The delegates must go through the homely warmth along with the seamless organization skills from thhe event managers for that conference to be deemed as truly successful.
    When you moderate your listihg bank, you’ve the greatest potential for converting the business.

They know thatt the property will sell or lease providing they’ve got the commitment wiith the client on the overall process.

13. PELUANG USAHA BANDUNG .COM
    October 11, 2017 at 10:11 pm (1 month ago)

Several short-term automobile insurance businesses though will handle the
    total sedlection of day insurance requirements. Thee
    role of a business analyst is one , involving; determination, passion and
    knowledge. One must provide all information for the customs broker regarding the nature of products they need to import
    and export, their budget and also the source country because they are
    all required efore preparing the legal documentation of trading with any specific country.

14. DASTERBANDUNG.com
    October 14, 2017 at 10:31 am (1 month ago)

Plus the sole needs to be thick and still have grkoves inside it to save
    lots of any icy slips. The pair had blue and pink shades with suede leather, outer mesh,
    white outsole and ccushioned insole. Hence the special features what are the essential part
    of the boots for army cause an incrfease in cost price for the manufacturer.

15. ecigarette
    October 17, 2017 at 5:15 pm (1 month ago)

Please let me know if you’re looking for a author for your blog.
    You have some really great articles and I think I would be a good
    asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to
    write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back
    to mine. Please blast me an e-mail if interested.
    Kudos!

16. DISTROCIMAHI.COM
    October 19, 2017 at 2:45 am (1 month ago)

Shopping for cheqp clothees iss making sure you spend cash something that you will wear often and that doesn’t cost the planet earth at the same
    time. This is especially true during tthe christmas season and special occasions.
    Buy purchasing your clothes round the least common bitth month you will be able to
    save lots of a huge amount of money.