IMG_3582

Well, the best way to tell this story is through the words of the other half of it.

Ladies and gents, please welcome – Fashion Lawyer. 🙂

It’s a lovely story actually, tying together fashion, technology, the power of the written word and a strike of luck.

I started my Instagram journey about three years ago. To be precise, my first post occurred 165 weeks ago, or on 4th of January 2013 according to the app. I started out completely anonymous, not showing my face, not adding or telling anyone of my friends, and with zero followers. About 500 followers into the journey, I can no longer remember how – but I stumbled on an account called @dawn_of_may that caught my eye – it was colorful, vivid and it seemed to swoon over the same things as I did. Back in those days, I had all my app alerts and notifications on, so would someone like, comment or follow, I would know and almost pipi my pants in excitement and check the person out immediately. Luckily, the owner of that account did the same and after a series of multiple likes and comments, we exchanged on a Chanel jacket with python leather trimming that we both had tried, me in Luxembourg and my new friend to be in Milan. We concluded in unison that it was a shame we had not bought it and that we would jump on it if it ever re-appeared during the sales. In that consensus, we found one another and we exchanged email addresses. And from there, a modern form of pen palling started.

Image-1

Sandra, whom mostly is known to you as Lady Violante, later changed her account name to @Lady_Violante, which is now her Instagram alter ego. She turned out to be a well versed, well read, passionate opinionated woman my own age, with something so old fashioned as the magic of holding a pen. We exchanged emails and that escalated to text messaging (Italian style I would learn – about 50 times on a daily basis) and we finally decided to meet in person.

As you can imagine, it was an awkward moment as I were to explain to my then man-friend, now husband, that I had an online pen-pal that I had never spoken to and that I now wanted to visit in Milan, and that just in case she’d prove to be an ax murderer, I would please cordially request his presence as a chaperone at this first meeting. As you can imagine, I was even more surprised when he without fuss accepted.

Said and done, we flew a weekend for the first time ever to Milan where Sandra picked us up at the hotel to take us to lunch at the Dolce & Gabbana owned Martini with Mister Violante, and two of their adorable friends that I today count as my own. And as you know, we have ever since had many lunches at the Martini and elsewhere, and the rest is Instagram history.

Luckily for me, Sandra was no axe murderer. Luckily for me, I had given in to the whim of launching my crazy secret Instagram account with the name of @fashion_lawyer, not the least bit apt for a following beyond 10 people. Luckily for me, I looked for other crazed shopaholics that maintained feet on the ground and had substance to their personality and luckily for me, it was the start of a long journey of friendships and fashion adventures. I guess the title of this post said it best: Instagram – connecting people.

I am pleased to continue the path of our journey in the open arms of Lady Violante’s blog and I look forward to bring you closer to my every day life as a lawyer.

13 Comments on That time where I turned out not to be an axe murderer

1. Cynthia
    July 7, 2016 at 6:34 am (2 years ago)

Wow.. Such nice meetings . It will grow from Instagram friends -friend-sisters.. Love u both

July 7, 2016 at 6:40 am (2 years ago)

Love you back dear 😀

2. Ann marie
    July 7, 2016 at 9:51 am (2 years ago)

Social media cam be so fantastic great story

July 7, 2016 at 5:29 pm (2 years ago)

True! XO 🙂

3. Marisa
    July 7, 2016 at 5:00 pm (2 years ago)

I stumbled upon your IG quite by accident and have become a regular follower. I have gone through a similar journey with my blog and social media–mine just started a few months ago. I started a blog to overcome some challenges that I was facing: death, turning 50, menopause, mid-life crisis, etc. My determination and inspirational women like you (and the amazing women around you) are what keep me going! Thank you, sweet Sandra! Marisa (risaroxx on IG)

July 7, 2016 at 5:29 pm (2 years ago)

You couldn’t have put a bigger smile on my face! Thank you, keep being strong, don’t give up! I am beyond happy to have even remotely inspired you to do what you like. Thank YOU!

4. gloria
    July 10, 2016 at 12:21 pm (2 years ago)

How sweet is that! I really like how the two of you support one another. Your relationship is clearly authentic and your fashion sense is remarkable. Thank you for sharing it.

Your IG friend from California. (The one who was ready to drive to Walnut Creek to find the crazed woman who was being rude to you). Keep stylin’

July 10, 2016 at 4:56 pm (2 years ago)

I truly choked laughing on my ice tea when I read your last remark, LOL! 😀
      Sending love all the way to Cali!

5. News O matic
    May 26, 2018 at 1:32 pm (3 months ago)

The phone is integyrated with 8-GB and 16-GB intrnal memory and expandable Micro – SD storage
    device option that supports upp to 32GB memory. Whhen similar situations arise all
    cars in front with thhe leader are allowed to pass the pace car andd tag on top oof
    the rear in the pack. Dabangg is really a buzz today,tomorrow it will be
    supervened byy a Dhobighat something like that else.

6. daftarjudipoker
    June 7, 2018 at 11:36 am (2 months ago)

It’s an amazing article in support of all the internet visitors;
    they will obtain advantage from it I am sure.

7. adam4adsm
    July 7, 2018 at 8:09 am (1 month ago)

Hey, I think your blog might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog in Ie, it looks fine but when opening
    in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
    Other then that, great blog!

8. adultfrienderfinder
    July 7, 2018 at 8:53 am (1 month ago)

Piece of writing writing is also a excitement, if
    you know afterward you can write if not it is difficult
    to write.